Get your kid a karaoke machine and you’ll finally be able to finish that last episode of “Orange is the new black”. It aired last summer, we feel your pain.
Kids are a blessing, but they can be overwhelming when they get in that phase where they ask all of these questions. At all times, without a filter.
Introducing activities that encourage their creative spirit and keep exposure to screens at a minimum is a tough assignment for any parent.
That’s why anytime the Universe sends you an item that will keep your kids occupied in the next 3-4 hours, you take it, and you shout “Thank you God!” to the sky, because we’re just about to make you a believer.
Are you ready to learn how to get the perfect karaoke machine for your kids, and get instant 3-4 hours of peace whenever you need it?
Ok, that maybe be an overstatement. There will be lots of screaming and just an overbearing amount of noise, but at least you’ll be able to get something done around the house.
Before we reveal our choices let’s see what makes karaoke machines suitable for your baby.
Benefits karaoke machine provide for kids
Singing along to your favorite song is one of the best past-times. What’s even more entertaining, is watching your child sing and dance along to their favorite Disney tunes. Opting for a practical, age-appropriate kids karaoke machine instead of a boring toy, will keep your child engaged for hours.
You’ll enjoy having a portable party unit for your kids at home for a variety of reasons, but there are also some benefits that you may aren’t even aware of:
Music benefits for kids
Not only do kids karaoke machines provide excellent language learning strategies, they also help with improving memory and concentration. Above all, it’s insanely entertaining and a lot of fun.
How to choose the right one?
1. Age appropriate
2. Song selection
Not all karaoke machines are designed by US-based companies, so don’t be surprised if you get a weird song list with the $10 Aliexpress option. Crossreference the number of titles available even if you have an option to play songs from your phone. It can get annoying to always connect your phone and browse for songs, so having 50 titles to choose from is a huge plus.
Some karaoke machines have international songs in their media library or a limited selection, which can ruin the fun. If your kids are into animated movie soundtracks, you’ll probably be better off with karaoke machines that reproduce audio and can get lyrics from external sources like CDs and smart devices. This way you’ll always be able to get fresh material. Pop chart songs and golden oldies are some favorites for older children.
If you just want to get something to keep your kid entertained, you can go with a themed simple karaoke box.
Solid karaoke machines with a clear microphone output and impeccable sound quality will usually cost anywhere between $40 and $150. Here are our top choices in different price ranges:
Our top choices
Frozen Karaoke Machine - $48.99
- Reason to purchase: It includes a bonus FREE CD with hit songs from Frozen. The Disney movie Frozen is extremely popular.
- Reason to avoid: It doesn’t have a screen, so you need to be close to your television or computer monitor to be able to read the lyrics while singing.
IQ Toys MP3 Music Player - $39.99
- Reason to purchase: It has two microphones for fun sing-a-long playmates as well as a headphone input option to listen to music.
- Reason to avoid: Even though it has a small display screen, it can’t connect to a monitor and display lyrics. It has no extra features like lighting, CD-G compatibility or electrical power cord adaptability.
Singing Machine SML385UW - $82.29
- Reason to purchase: It’s basically an all-in-one karaoke system, you don’t need to purchase anything extra as it offers everything you need and more.
- Reason to avoid: The only downside is that it’s not very portable and can only be powered by electricity.
Singing Machine kids piedestal - $99.99
- Reason to purchase: The standing pedestal makes it functional and all the extra features provides hours of endless singing fun.
- Reason to avoid: It’s expensive.
Little Pretender Kids Karaoke Machine - $49.99
- Reason to purchase: It is easy to use, durable and portable.
- Reason to avoid: It’s overpriced for the limited number of features it has to offer. Microphone cords are short. There’s no CD-G input to display song lyrics on a screen.
Where to find kids karaoke machines and equipment
There is a decent amount of available options on Amazon, Walmart and Target; but one company that really caught our eye is Singing Machine. If you’re just looking for a budget option, you can get that at almost any well equiped toy store.
Remember it’s all about making your kids happy and getting a sound system that will make your home a fun place for everyone. If you don’t think karaoke is the way to go, you can check out some of our other children orientated gift lists: